In this article, discover the steps to set up an PPC Audit.
- Time Frame
- Data Frequency Collection
- AdsTest Activation
- Whether to include Shopping Results
- Page Depth
- Selection of your Keywords
- Choice of extensions
- How to Check If Your PPC Audit is Ready
- Can I access Delete PPC Audits
The Adwords or PPC tool maps out the online competition on your keywords. Two features to bear in mind when using this tool:
- The Audit is done from a list of keywords you have chosen
- You define the analysis period within which the audit should be carried out, according to your needs.
The results of the audit includes:
- A full list of competitors
- Competitors’ presence rate on the SERPs
- Competitors data trends
- Distribution of ads ranking physically
– By Competition : A report of competitor activity during the audit includes:
- Average keyword ranking
- Presence rate
- Number of keywords ranking
- Estimated budget
A detail analysis of all keyword aspects(position, prsence rate, volume, CPC, estimated traffic), all ad features (content, position, presence rate) is conducted.
After naming your audit, you will need to select the search engine query time frame:
- Start date
- End date
Data collection Frequency
The PPC audit allows us to collect data over a period ranging from 1 hour to 1 week. Given the fluctuations in the positioning of paid advertisements during the course of a day, we interrogate the engines several times to obtain a representative average.
You can activate or deactivate the "Adtest" setting. By activating adTest, you can avoid counting impressions when querying the search engine.
Whether to include Shopping Results
You can choose whether or not to include Google Shopping results in the position calculation of your sites.
Selection of Keywords
- Download the example file in CSV, it is encoded in UTF-8 format (make sure you respect this format) and tells you how to fill it in so that your Group / expressions / engine configuration combinations are respected during the import.
- Create groups: for example, an e-commerce site classified by product category (carpet, lighting, etc.)
- Via a Google Sheet link
- Put the keywords directly here separated by comma, semicolon or line break
Choice of Extensions
The PPC Visibility Audit is an international tool. The Search Engine management system allows you to select search engine’s country-specific extensions and the languages in which the searches should be carried out.
Engine: You can select the search engine and country extension from the drop down menu. If the search engine or extension doesn’t appear in the drop-down menu, go to the SEO Audit search engine settings.
Device: The Myposeo tool gives you the option to choose the device that you want to perform your SEO Visibility Audit on.
You can set up separate projects per device or conduct the audit for both devices in one project itself. All you need to do is select the Device option at the bottom of the page before setting up.
City: You have the possibility to track the position in a city (to track the position in geolocation).
NB: Once your PPC audit has been validated, the details of the credit consumption will be displayed, allowing you to know how many credits will be consumed before launching your audit.
How to Check If Your PPC Audit is Ready
Once your SEO VIsibility Audit has been launched, you will automatically be redirected to an overview page with a list of all your Audit campaigns.
A progress bar next to the Project name shows a percentage progression that indicates how much of your Audit has loaded and how much data is being loaded.
Can I Access Deleted PPC Audits?
All deleted or older audits can be found under the archived Audits tab
Note that it is perfectly possible to export data from an export that you have deleted if it has been completed beforehand.